COVID-19 – 1st Elgin Scout Group – Updated 05 Sep 21 We are at YELLOW level 0
Readiness level: YELLOW
This means: Section meetings can take place outdoors and indoors. Residential activities may take place.
Group sizes and limitations:
- All non-residential activities (including young people, Scout Network and adult only groups): Activities involving young people: No limit on group size, although all activities must be able to safely manage the risk of transmission of COVID and, if this is not possible, they must not take place. Outdoor activities are still encouraged.
- Residential activities: Nights away activities may take place using multi occupancy accommodation in tents/rooms with no limit of numbers, based on the new Covid-19 Protection beyond Level zero at the home local authority. Scout ratios for both indoors and outdoors must be applied. COVID measures such as face coverings indoors and good hygiene remain in place (even overnight) and lateral flow testing is strongly recommended.
All meetings and events are permitted indoors and outdoors with no limit of numbers. Physical distancing is not required in any setting.
Face coverings must be worn in indoor locations by everyone aged 12+. On dedicated (and Public Transport) they are only required for those 12+.
All adult only activities are now permitted with no limit on numbers.
Camps and Residential Activities
All camps and residential experiences permitted indoors and outdoors.
Scout ratios for both indoors and outdoors must be applied.
No limit on numbers in tents or rooms.
No physical distancing is required indoors or outdoors
Face Coverings are required indoors for age 12+ except whist eating and sleeping.
We should continue to act responsibly, be cautious and consider the following:
good hand hygiene and surface cleaning
continued promotion of good ventilation
requirement for face coverings in certain settings (e.g. public transport)
continued compliance with Test and Protect, including a register of attendance at every meeting.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or who has been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms (within the last two weeks), shouldn’t come to any face-to-face activities, and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing.
Arrival and departure arrangements
- For track and trace parents and guardians will be asked for a few details on arrival.
- No parents allowed on Scouts land, please que with 2m spacing outside the main gates
- No parking for parents or guardians on Scouts land unless a member has a disability – please let us know in advance.
- No permission form (online below) no attendance – if you have done this before you do not need to do it again
Other measures in place
- Activities outside – appropriate waterproof jacket & warm clothes are required for all events (its Scotland after all).
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- No Parent to enter the Scouts ground unless the leader in charge gives permission.
- If your son/daughter or any members of your house hold show signs of COVID you are to inform the section leader ASAP.
- During the activity time you will be available for short notice pickups due to weather and other unplanned events.
Further more in depth details of the COVID return plan are described in the risk assessments below. Please read the relevant risk assessment, feedback is welcome.
|Beavers COVID risk assessment YELLOW||Cubs COVID risk assessment Yellow||Scouts COVID risk assessment Yellow|
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch on the contact us page if you have any questions or concerns.
Don’t forget the permission to attend form below.
1st Elgin Group Scout Leader