The 1st Elgin Scout Group runs a Ford Transit 5 seat welfare/support van, that is available to other Scout Groups & Community Groups. A modern vehicle with all the modern conveniences, seating 5 people with plenty of space for all your kit too, With the solar you are self sufficient!
- Equipped with 5 seats with seat belts, table, Microwave, water boiler, sink, 240v socket, diesel heater, led lights throughout, reversing camera, dashcam, new 220 ah leisure battery, parking sensors, hot and cold water sink, bull bar and air horns!
- Large rear area that will take camping equipment and bikes
- 200 wats of solar and usb charging
- It can be driven by anyone who has a full car driving license and therefore this makes a more flexible option for those of you who do not have a D1.
- Has full breakdown cover including nationwide recovery and onward journey
- Insured for any driver over 25
- All the relevant safety devices (extinguisher, first aid kit)
- CCTV system that records the drivers cabin, front of van, rear of van and storage area. Also upgrade security locks in the storage area so your kit will be safe
- Now has roof bars (not shown in photos) so could carry kayaks, poles etc
You are not hiring the vehicle but 1st Elgin Scouts will loan the van to suitable groups and people. So as such there will not be a ‘hire’ cost but we we suggest a donation towards the maintenance of the vehicle as defined below:
|Evening or morning||24hr period||7 days|
|Scouting leaders for Scout related activities||£17.50||£35||£210|
|Scout leaders for personal use||£20||£40||£240|
Steven Thomson is the point of contact for the van on 07975693034 (mobile)
or by e-mail to email@example.com
A online booking calendar is viewable here
A big Thank You
We are extremely grateful to the Robertson trust who fund the purchase of this van